Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 1 Issue 7

“Two roads diverged…”
“Two roads diverged in a yellow…”
“I took…”
“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and…”

Each step I took these words raced through my mind. I was on my own pilgrimage, navigating my way through reality into my new calling.

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I took the one less traveled by…”

I had been on my way downtown to meet up with a couple of friends at a bar but that objective was so far in the back of mind now. I was sitting at home when suddenly the spin had begun. My father was in town and it was him that started me down this revelation, I had to complete it. I started my walk down 20th street and suddenly found myself in front of some sort of Federal building; I took out my phone and snapped pictures of the both sides of the Great American Seal posted on opposite sides of the entrance.

“They’re watching you, leave inconspicuously”

I turn and start to walk down the road, stumbling side to side. Thinking to myself that they had no idea what I was up to, when they run the surveillance cameras tomorrow they’ll just see a drunk.

“I took the one less traveled by and that has made…”

I nod and smile at the passing by Native American decent man riding a bike. He ignores my attempt to connect and speeds by. Fascinating to me that the one person who I believe has an undeniable link to nature and appreciation for acceptance can ignore me, am I suppose to be doing this? I stop and find myself directly under a tree; the branches are bare and weak from the winter. I snap a couple of pictures with my phone as evidence and move on.

“Sometimes you are the shepherd and sometimes you are the flock.”

I am now walking with no destination in mind, just walking and listening. I never stop at crossroads but instead turn west or north or east or south depending on which way the crosswalk signals are sending me. I am losing control but at ease with it.

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood…”

I’m wearing sandals and it’s the middle of winter, this is my link to the past. I am beginning my walk just as so many have prior to me. Sometimes you have to walk through the mess of mud and despair so that others can have a better way. At this point I’m walking off the side of the sidewalk while the downtown crowd passes me on their way to the bars.

“Wow, that guy can’t even stay on the sidewalk, drunk.”

I haven’t had a drink all day. Suddenly I spot a man and woman in a fight in a car to the parking lot on my right. They are inside their vehicle and I do not want to draw attention to myself so I glance from time to time in their direction. I take out my phone and act like I’m on it, describing my location to the party on the other end of the phone, it’s not even on. I continue for what seems like forever (timelessness begins to play a role). The fight stops, and I continue to walk. From behind me a bumper falls off a van that was part of a recent five car crash.

“Just when you think it’s over, it’s not”

I turn around and the man makes eye contact, jumps off the woman in the passenger seat, throws the car in reverse and speeds out of the parking lot. Did I just pass the first test? Did I stop something horrible about to be done? Is this why I was sent here?
I sit down on a building stoop and cry.

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference.”

I’m somehow standing in front of a clocktower in downtown. It’s only myself and my thoughts, not another person is around.

“You have a choice to make. Head Northwest towards the bad, evil, corrupt, and vain. Or head Northeast towards the good, unselfishness, and light. Two roads diverged…”

I walk home, towards the Northeast.

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!


Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment