Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 1 Issue 1

I thought about starting this blog off with an excerpt from my gournal (let’s just get this out there, if you A.) don’t get the gournal joke/reference or B.) refuse to think it’s funny after you research it online, just stop reading right now, this will more than likely be a complete waste of your time and this blog is better than that negativity and non-committal mentality you have). Great, now that we’ve weeded out the casual readers I’ll go ahead and tell you that the above “gournal” reference is from “Wet Hot American Summer” and if you have not had the luxury of opening your mind to just limitless humor for about an hour and half I suggest you rent this movie. If you have I challenge you to watch it with the farts option right now and come back to finish reading this, and if you have done the above two, congrats because you’re officially T.A.N (tough as nails). I guess I should get down to the point before I lose any more of you to credible blogs or websites out there that actually have a point and get to it before the second paragraph. I’m Bi-Polar and this is my medicine (there, got it in before the second paragraph, take that haters).




Now lets get down to the nitty and gritty (and yes I had to google that phrase to make sure I used it correctly, guess what, it was. Ok sort of, I used knitty first and got a bunch of hits for baby cats, also known as kittens, weird). In any case I was diagnosed with manic-depressive disorder about 18 months ago or so and since then my life has been quite interesting to say the least. Usually when I talk about being bipolar or manic-depressive (you know what; from now on we’ll just call it BMD, it’s easier to type and sounds pretty sweet, plus it fits within the whole capitalized letter trend going on around the world, which obviously I’m into, NBD) people usually think I’m morbidly depressed or some kind of a crazy person. In all honesty I would say maybe I’m a little crazy but who wants to be normal. If you find a normal person that’s fun to hang out with, go ahead and give up because your life is no longer interesting. So I wanted to start this blog to one; just get some stuff out there and two; to hopefully laugh and have fun at what sometimes my life/mind ends up in.




As few of you know and even fewer care about, BMD is characterized by someone experiencing emotional highs and lows throughout their life in just about the most ridiculous occurrences and times (right here is where someone would cite a credible source for this definition, note no source). To put it simply try to imagine the best/scariest/thrilling/terrifying roller coaster you’ve ever been on and multiply that by 10. (Now for those of you who have never been on a roller coaster, you’re communist and aren’t reading this so we should be good with that metaphor) Side note: For those of you who have already probably began picking out and degrading this blog because of my poor grammar and punctuation, well deal with it. True story: my Freshman year English Prof wrote on one of my papers that I disgraced my father with my poor grammar and punctuation, so I’ve made peace with it and moved on, so should you. Anyways back to my comparison, now imagine that you are in the front car of this roller coaster and slowly moving your way up the first hill when all of a sudden right before the apex on the hill the loud speaker comes on and the operator of the coaster announces this “We are sorry to inform you that the brakes on this ride have malfunctioned and there is no way for us to control your ride on the coaster, good luck”. Yeah, this could be unbelievably awesome or undeniably bad.



Needless to say I’ve had some unbelievably awesome experiences while in my mania and some undeniably bad times as well. I’ve tried to take the medical approach of seeing psychiatrists and psychologists (yes kids that’s right, these professions are not one in the same, nugget of knowledge for you) which have had me on a few types of meds and pills that really didn’t work for me. I’ve tried groups and what not but they just didn’t quite do it for me so I’ve decided that I’ll try this, I mean what’s the worse that can happen? I start climbing buildings and running around half naked, wait, that’s already happened and we’ll get to those soon enough. So please make sure your seat belt is tight around your waist and please keep your arms and legs inside the car during the ride (unless you wanna have a lot of fun of course).



Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!









Coming Correct,
d01roK



No comments:

Post a Comment