Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 1 Issue 5

What a bizarrely unpredictable world we live in. This was about the only phrase I could come up with to try to describe the everyday events and circumstances I’ve experienced in the past year and half or so of my life. I was driving back from an interview process when I started to ponder where I’ve been and what’s been going on since I “thought” I knew what life was all about. Not 18 months ago I had everything figured out and I was on the fast track to success. As soon as I had graduated from college I packed up and left the small town life of Ohio for the big city of the Atlanta. I had a great opportunity with a worldwide company with nothing but room for growth. I was on the fast track through the company and making my way to the top, moving all along the way from Atlanta to Denver and on my next stop to San Jose. I was Tommy Toughnuts and thought I had the world figured out, but then I woke up in a psych ward.

And to be honest, it really did feel like that, all of a sudden everything I thought I knew and understood was completely gone. I had been spending the first couple of months in 2008 planning my new relocation to San Jose to start a new position that was essentially a promotion and everything in my life was going great. Sure I was feeling higher than before but I just simply thought that I was excited to be moving and starting a new job in a new city and right near the beach. I was in that part of your life when you figure you know what it takes to be successful and happy in life, and you’re just excited and living it.

Not less than 3 months after this point I was living at home with my parents with no job and completely lost. I was unable to take care of myself any more and really didn’t know where to turn next or what to do next. My life had literally turned a 180 on itself and I was completely confused. My episode had started sometime in the middle of January of 2008 and really didn’t end until the middle of March of that same year, during those two months I had lost everything. But the crazy thing (no pun intended) is that I’m not upset about it, sure this time last year I was devastated, but I’m happy it happened. I’ve realized you don’t really know what you have until you lose everything.

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment