Friday, August 5, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 30

Yes the rumors you all haven’t been hearing are true; I’m trying to sell out.

For the past year and a half or so I’ve heard family and friends try to persuade me into writing a book. I never really paid too much attention to them as I didn’t believe I was good enough to accomplish such a feat as being published. I mean I am the same guy who “dishonored my father with my poor grammar and punctuation” on an essay in college so I didn’t want to kill the poor bastard by attempting to write a book.

That’s not completely true though either, I guess I really wasn’t ready to write a book. I think I wasn’t to the point where I felt comfortable enough with who I was to share (I am dealing with some crazy shit peeps). I was merely using this blog as a therapeutic tool for my own recovery. I think there was a little bit of nerves involved in telling the world about my mental vulnerabilities, but luckily I’m pretty much over that now.

The way I look at it is that I’ve pretty much been getting my ass kicked for the past three years and I’d like to be the one kicking some ass now. A few days out of the hospital last year I was chatting with a friend online and telling her what had happened. She genuinely expressed her concern and wished me luck with my mania. I told her that one day I’d make this mania my bitch; hopefully that day is now.

Without further ado the title of my memoir (well working title, my editor said it could be changed by the agent or publisher; the Man is already getting me down) is Somewhere Over the Rainbow, I’ve Lost My Damn Mind: A Manic’s Mood Chart. I know it’s long but like I was going to do anything traditional and/or conventional, you all know me better than that. That’s exactly why the memoir is actually a mood chart of this blog organized in the colors of the rainbow corresponding with seven states of mood through three sections of Depressed, Normal, and Elevated rather than by chapters. There is no linear story so the book can be read cover-to-cover or in random (don’t act like you’re not impressed).

So I’ve started this process and have my manuscript complete with my query letter and proposal (well it will be done by next week) and I’m off to the next step of finding an agent. This is where my selling out needs your help (you knew there was a catch). After some industry advice (thanks Professor X) I’ve decided to try and create some market support via social media for this book (the agents and publishers go ape shit for this I guess). In preparation for my agent hunting next week I’ve created a facebook page for my book and would really appreciate some support on it. I mean you don’t even have to read the description or look at the pictures, just a simple click of the like button would be great (and tell your friends, I know, I’m needy).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Somewhere-Over-the-Rainbow-Ive-Lost-My-Damn-Mind-A-Manics-Mood-Chart/134151156666073?sk=info

Much love peeps, much love

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment