Friday, August 19, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 32

I really wanted to start this post out with a racing scenario that pitted the top five religions in the world (Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and Jews) in a rally race format, but it really wasn’t working out like I hoped. I had the religions all racing to Heaven, or enlightenment, or whatever you want to refer as the next step after life here on mother earth. It was supposed to be funny but I don’t think it really is/was.

I had the city of Jerusalem in the Holy Land as the track with the Wailing Wall as the start/finish line. Of course the Jews and Muslims hadn’t left the line because they were too busy arguing on who got the pole located nearest to the Western Wall. The Jews say it’s theirs because of their ties to the Temple Mount while the Muslims aren’t hearing that nonsense and claim the pole due to the belief Muhammad tethered Buraq there (see how it’s not really funny).

Then I had the Hindu’s bringing up the rear with all their damn cattle, well I guess it’s the rear. See the Buddhists had actually turned around and gone the other direction on the track, chanting something that sounds like a Dalai Lama quote about enlightenment. This was all heavily overshadowed though by the Christians hauling ass around the track and screaming out the window how everyone else is doing it wrong.

Not real solid or one of my best I know which is why I spared you and gave the cliff notes version rather than the in race reports from each team/religion like I had thought I was going to do. I’m not even real sure how I was going to tie this all in together with my BMD but I think it had something to do with winning (insert annoying Charlie Sheen reference here).

Prior to episode uno I saw my place in the world as I was either winning or losing; I was one or the other. I took this approach to my career where I was fixated on becoming the best, being a winner no matter what. But at the time I didn’t realize something that I try to remember on a daily basis now. That is that I’ve known some “winners” in my life that are pretty shitty people and I know some “losers” that are great people.

Basically it’s the journey that matters for me now, not what place I’m in when I finish (I mean I’m pretty sure we’re all trying to get to the same place so I just wanna get there). The journey is what makes me better. Winning is part of that journey but it’s not necessarily the most important part to me anymore. I try not to view the world so simply that it can be differentiated between either winners or losers. I think my bipolar world is both and the journey is learning how to live as a winner and a loser.

!!THIS JUST IN!!!

It seems the Buddhists have made a brash and unexpected move and put the Christians into the Wailing Wall. The Jews are pissed and going after the Buddhist and that has allowed the Muslims to take the lead with the white flag waving. . .

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment