Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 1 Issue 14

As part of my recovery plan last year after my episode I moved home to try to figure everything out. It was late summer and at this point my days consisted of me getting up at the crack of 10 or 11 in the morning (even then it was a process to drag my butt out of bed). Taking my 6 pills to become “normal” then watching a couple hours of TV, passing out on the couch for a another hour or so. Eating dinner then taking another 6 pills to maintain my mood that I was in (comatose basically) and passing out an hour or so later. All in all I was only getting around 15 hours of sleep a day and being the epitome of unproductive. To try and counter this I started working at my college job again of sealing blacktops (nothing too serious but none the less a step), during lunches we use to play the best game and I’m bringing it to you now (thank me later); it’s the birthday game.

Here’s how it works, I’ll go ahead and list a number of celebrities/famous peeps whose birthday is today and you must try to guess their ages (*the answer key is at the bottom, but no cheating because you’re only cheating yourself). Here we go

  1. Nomar Garciaparra
  2. Monica Lewinsky
  3. Woody Harrelson
  4. Eriq La Salle
  5. Philip Seymour Hoffman
  6. Gary Payton
  7. Daniel Radcliff
  8. Don Imus
  9. Slash
  10. My Mom

Yes today is the birthday of my Mom and I wanted to do something really cool and original for her. Now over the past few months my parental units have sort of caught up to the 21st century and began using their phone for more than just talking, yes texting (how freaked out are you when you get a text from your parents for the first time?). In any case since my Mom has catapulted herself into new technology I decided I was going to send her a birthday text (as I do with many of my friends I texted the opening lyrics to 50 cents “In Da Club”, she didn’t get it). I was in quite a dilemma and had to act fast on my feet so I booked it over to Target and started to frantically look over the b-day cards for that perfect one (you know the one someone else wrote but just encompasses exactly what you were thinking so thereby allowing you to put as little as thought possible into the card) and I found it. I knew how to take pictures of the front , inside and back (just to show her it was from Hallmark, they always check you know) of the card and send that over, but I had no idea how to record the song playing and send that over, new plan.

Currently my Mom does not know I’m writing this blog due to the fact I haven’t told her (simple enough). I’m not sure the exact reason why I haven’t but I think I was trying to protect her in some weird way. I really can’t imagine what my family (both blood and friends) are going through trying to figure BMD out with me but I think I have a little idea for my Mom. We haven’t been the most emotional family in the world, growing up with two brothers in the sticks doesn’t really equate to sharing our feelings every night at dinner (that time was spent making fun of each other). So when I got diagnosed with BMD it definitely turned into a learning curve. I would imagine it’s kind of like a Pee-Wee football coach waking up one day to read in the paper that he’s the new head football coach for a Professional Football team. Sure the coach knows football but he’s probably overwhelmed and what not because he’s not at the level or degree that’s usually needed to run a professional team (and for that matter he didn’t even apply for the job). But there’s one thing I got from my Mom that I know will get us through this just fine, her will. My Mom is the strongest woman I know and there’s no way we all can’t handle this with her. I just wanted to say thanks Mom for that and don’t worry about me I’m going to be OK.

Happy Birthday

(BTW I did send my Mom the link to this blog so she can read it now)

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

*1.) 36 (I’m still jealous of him for Mia Hamm) 2.) 36 (I’m still jealous of her for Bill Clinton) 3.) 48 4.) 47 (Just let your sooooouuuuul glow) 5.) 42 6.) 41 (Top 5 NBA nicknames ever) 7.) 20 8.) 69 9.) 44 (My Mom shares a b-day with the Guitar Hero Slash, too bad she has no idea who he is) 10.) (Like there’s any chance in hell I’m telling you that, I like my life and don’t want it to end)

No comments:

Post a Comment