Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 1 Issue 11

There are only two things that I fear in this world and one is the spinning carnival rides at the county fair (the other is Carnies, small hands, smell like cabbage). You are probably thinking to yourself right now, yeah, who doesn’t fear Carnies? But what’s up with the spinning carnival rides, those things rock! Well for your information I fear those rides because I always seem to boot after my turn on them, pretty embarrassing (well as embarrassed as one can get on the midway of the Clark County Fair at least). In any accord I came to the realization today that I am just a little kid stuck in a grown up’s body.

I spent the majority of my day today at one of my favorite childhood locations, King’s Island. Now while my day didn’t start out the greatest (we had to park in Drop Tower 39, what happened to Scrappy Doo 12?) the day was none the less radical (yeah that’s a term from my childhood, pretty tubular huh?). I was a bit upset that the Smurf’s ride is no longer in existence but my disappointment soon faded as I concentrated on my model shoot via the coasters' cameras (the double point with mouth open on the Diamondback, the double rock out fists with tongue out on the Vortex, the pondering in the opposite direction shot on the Beast, and the always classic double arm flex on the Diamondback, yeah we rode that one a few times as it’s wicked cool). I’m not gonna lie, being a kid was totally boss.

For some reason during my episode last year I reverted back to my childhood for certain portions of time. I became obsessed with video games again (Guitar Hero dominated my life) and I’m the furthest thing from a gamer you can find (aside from California Games, I would still binge drink all night on Hi-C Ecto Cooler with that incredible Nintedo masterpiece). I also stocked my fridge and freezer with all my classic childhood food. My favorite stockpiled food would have to be Eggo’s Blueberry waffles, my Dad use to create these unbelievably good Eggo breakfasts on Saturday mornings as my brothers and I “rotted” our brains on cartoons. Speaking of those cartoons (of which I’m still obsessed with) I came out of my episode with a complete file dedicated to pictures of Foghorn Leghorn (my apologies for the delay as I just spent the last 20 minutes watching Foghorn Leghorn cartoons and they are still classic).

That’s just one of the many really bizarre experiences/random past obsessions that resurfaced in my life during my episode. I mean I hadn’t had any desire to play, let alone purchase any game system since I was in middle school but I know I bought an Xbox 360 and played the crap out of it during those couple of months in Denver. I hadn’t watched a Foghorn Leghorn cartoon since the late 80’s and I suddenly couldn’t get enough of them. My diet (well when I ate, I managed to lose about 20 lbs in the episode, I’m thinking of marketing this plan and calling it “Lose inches from your waistline, while only partially losing your mind”, I know it needs work but I think there’s something there) consisted of all my childhood favorites of which I didn’t even know they still sold in stores. While these may totally seem off the wall they are a big part of who I am and I think I kind of forgot about them and in the process lost who I was. It’s difficult for me to call BMD a disease or illness when I really think it’s played a big part in helping me find myself again. Even if that person is a theme park junky with an addiction to 1950 era cartoons that yearns for the taste of Ecto Cooler out of the tin can, basically a big kid.

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!


Coming Correct,
d01roK

1 comment:

  1. I also loved ecto cooler out of the tin can. Classic. By the way, I wouldn't be too surprised if you went out and got a wii for the ping-pong game alone.

    ReplyDelete