Friday, September 2, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 35


I thought about using this post to promote my book by continuing my relentless (and maybe creepy) pursuit of Hope Solo via twitter, but I figured I’ve give her a break. I don’t want you to think I haven’t been working on my book promotion or anything, I mean I changed my Voicemail to sound professional yet still funny (go ahead call me, I won’t answer just so you can listen). I also went to my Linkedin profile and made some changes. For instance on the section titled “Honors and Awards” I added:

Voted Southeastern High School's Summer Basketball Camp's "Best Defender" Fifth & Sixth Grade Division 1994
(That’s right, I may not be able to score to save my life but I’ll get up in your shit man!)

I actually did take some time and started looking for a publicist for my promotion of the book. Well actually I really wasn’t supposed to but I misread my editor’s notes (damn speed reading, I’m blaming my freshmen year reading teacher for that one) and instead of noting in my proposal I would be willing to pay a publicist after the book is published I just reached out to one last week (it seems I like to do things ass backwards now). The good thing is that I actually found one that’s interested in working on the book right now and assisting me in promoting it. Shit’s about to get real (hopefully).

But to be completely honest I think the real reason I haven’t been promoting the book and querying agents as much as I probably should is that I’ve got Georgia on my mind (wonder what the music video is going to be this week?). Yep I’m heading down South next week to catch the South Carolina and Georgia game where I’m hoping not to be verbally assaulted for wearing jeans on Gameday! (Obviously I screwed that one up before.)

I haven’t been to Athens in a couple years and I must say I’ve been missing the scenery. No offense to my Ohio girls who I find it incredibly attractive that you can bong a beer while still looking hot at a tailgate, but the belles just might have you beat. I literally fall in love around 50 times at each Georgia Tailgate; it’s really not fair for me. Add this in with the fact that I checked my recent calls yesterday on my phone and not one of them was a female; could equate to what some would say inappropriate behavior on my part next weekend towards the female populous of Athens, GA.

So in honor of the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 next weekend I’m going to be doing one of the most American things I know how to do, and that’s to Tailgate. I’ve even figured out how to fit in with these Bulldog fans despite the fact I’m a Yank wearing jeans on Gameday; just mention Herschel Walker. I swear these UGA’s love them some Herschel Walker, you just mention something about how he never lifted a weight through college and still won the Heisman and you’re in. Well in with the guys, the belles are a totally differently story. I’ll probably just drop the line that I’m a writer who just wrote a book and we’ll see how that goes (I have a feeling not very good, but at least I’m promoting my book).

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!


Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment