Friday, February 25, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 8

“Why are you down there?”

“Well Jen, last night on the walk back to the dorm from the bar you decided to punch me in the face so I decided to sleep on the floor.”

“Haha, no I didn’t. I don’t remember that.”

“Oh yeah you definitely did it. The people behind us found it pretty entertaining as well. I can’t believe the first person to sucker punch me was my girlfriend…”

Ah first loves, they seem to do so much more for us than we realize at the time. I had no idea taking a right hook from my first love could actually pay off in the long run, but it has (well my dignity is still a little roughed up but you’ll have that). The other day on Sirius (those clever bastards put satellite in my new Jeep so of course I’m addicted now and will have to renew) I heard a song that reminded me of my first girlfriend Jen (Radio Edit) and I’d like to share some of those memories with you now.

I remember when we took our first vacation together in Panama City and you convinced me to get a tattoo on my lower back. I’m pretty sure you knew the tramp stamp would become the international symbol of sluts within a couple years (so um yeah, in hindsight that was a pretty bitchy move).

I remember when you were too tired to go out on my 21st so we watched a movie and you fell asleep before midnight contrary to getting wrecked (or maybe even laid) like every other 21st birthday being celebrated that night (so um yeah, in hindsight that was a pretty bitchy move).

I remember when you never came to the Witt bubble so I always came “uptown” (there’s barely a town in Oxford let alone the need to differentiate between uptown and downtown) to Miami so often that when we split all the girls at Witt had never seen me so they assumed I was a freshmen and didn’t talk to me for a year (so um yeah, in hindsight that was a pretty bitchy move).

I remember when I drove to Miami for your track meet and then we went out, you gave me a pair of sandals as a random gift, we had sex (you probably faked it, remember admitting that too), and then you broke my heart (so um yeah, in hindsight that was a pretty bitchy move).

I know it sounds like I’m ripping my ex a ton here but that’s only because I am. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing; in fact I’m really glad it happened. If I didn’t go through all of that (and more) I wouldn’t be anywhere ready to fight the fight I’m in now. Sure Jen messed with my head but what first love doesn’t? I needed some of that tough love because what I’m fighting now isn’t out to break my heart, it’s out to break my spirit and take my soul. So while I may have a Super Sweet Back Tat, a slight complex in bed, a bit of hatred with J. Crew U, or the unsettling fear of a phantom right cross taking me out they all are exactly what I needed (well the complex in bed thing I’m still unsure about, but three out of four ain’t bad).

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment