Friday, February 4, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 4

Ok about 3 new Sports Illustrated (I really don’t care much for Rick Reilly now that I can hear his voice).

ESPN the Magazine (why is this magazine always so much bigger than everything else in the mail).

Credit Card offer (yeah that’s what I need, credit card debt in my life)

W2 (ok so I use to make this much money in a pay period at the tizzle, makes me feel good about myself)

U.S. Olympics Team news letter (they gave me address stickers, with the wrong address)

Ohio Department of Mental Health survey (they prob. picked the wrong random participant).

So come to find out karma really does exist because as soon as I got my W2 in the mail and was reminded on how little I do with my life something good happens to me. Out of something like 80 thousand “patients” I was one of like 6,000 to be randomly selected to participate in this year’s survey to determine just how well the ODMH serviced me last year (mind you these are the same people who tried to put me in rehab, outpatient rehab but dammit that’s still rehab in my eyes). I could barely contain my excitement as I drove back from Mom’s (I’m a nomadic renegade who’s moved 7 times in the last 5 years, so my mail is delivered basically scattered throughout the country, pain-in-the-ass).

I didn’t open the survey that night, I thought it best to sleep on it (probably should have slept on it a couple nights in hindsight). I didn’t exactly rate the ODMH very highly because they literally made my life more difficult to live. I was flying through the fill in the blank scale questions and I wished that the survey was on the old Scantrons. That way when they analyzed the results when they slid my survey through the machine all they’d hear where those clicks. I use to love hearing those clicks in the hall whenever I’d pass the teacher’s lounge, always meant someone bombed. Wow I’m off topic, I was answering questions about their administrative performance, parking at the office, ease of finding office, responsiveness, and of course how I’m doing in result of the services provided (strongly disagree down the board).

The last section was titled Please answer the following questions to let us know how you are doing. I was thinking great they’re going to check on my condition (they hadn’t asked that yet), you know my age, sex, mental health condition I have, living conditions, work conditions, social interactions, self-esteem levels, happiness levels, ect. Wrong, they only asked two questions:

Are you still getting mental health services? (yes)

How long have you received mental health services from your provider?
a. Less than a year (continue to question 39)
b. One year or more (continue to question 42

Questions 39-41 and questions 42-44 were the same, the ODMH only wanted to know if I had been arrested anytime in the previous two years and the occurrences of my encounters with the police over the past year. Even though there was not a space provided for comment I let the surveyors know how I felt about those last few questions:

“The simple fact you ask about my police record more than my health record is insulting. This is once again a total waste of tax revenue! Instead of focusing on improving this health sector, you would rather investigate mental health relationships with drugs, crime, ect…PATHETIC!!!”

Really glad I waited a day to cool down before doing that survey.

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment