Monday, February 7, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 5

Believe

I’d like to welcome my readers to my manic experience
Where my doc insists that in order to survive I’ve got to find new ways to fight
So I get down on my knees, look up to the sky and ask God why
Why did he put this evil pain so deep down inside
Was I not a good servant, were my sins too adulterous to hide
Just then it hits me, it’s my mania behind this game
Which means I've got vengeance on my mind and something to say
I may be crazy but that grain still runs through these veins
Which is just my complicated way to say I’m a country boy to the core
And that’s just something that ain’t never gonna change
So when you had me defeated and asking not to wake when I pray
My family swooped in and saved the day
Reached down into my darkness and pulled me up out of my grave
So I could spit out those pills to live to fight another day
Remember how you took that girl that I once hated with all my might
And shifted her into that girl I’d protect with all my life
Taking something so simple as an insignificant paper clip
And having it trigger me further down into my psychotic manic trip
Where my dreams become reality as I get lost in my own singularity
While you plant the seed of divinity deep within the essence of me
Of a chosen one who was sent to make all believe
Only to wake up cold, crying, and alone on the psych ward’s bathroom floor
But I’ve picked myself up just to let you know I fear you no more
Finally standing on my own two legs, looking you dead in the eyes
And letting you know I’m the one here who's looking for a fight
Oh and that girl you had me chasing through my mind
Racing so fast that I thought I stopped time
Well I gave her the most important thing you took from me
See I gave her the choice on how involved she wants to be
In this insanity that they call you and me
And suddenly it’s clear to me
I’m becoming the man I was always undoubtedly destined to be
Standing before thee on my day of judgment
With Christopher on my left and the Good Witch Glinda on my right
I’ve made peace with the Man upstairs so ya know who's back he's got in this fight
We’ll see how you like living within the shadows of the darkness of your fear and your fright
Because once I possess the light, I’ll pass it on to illuminate the night
And I’ll take my vengeance when we meet in the afterlife
So listen, because the only sound you’re bound to hear
will be my chant in the night as I march towards our fight
Ohhhhhh weeeee Oh-Oooooooooh Oh
I’ll be stomping with a chip on my shoulder and another one on my knee
I’m the man behind the curtain sent to make all believe.

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

1 comment:

  1. Why can't you have a "like" button?? It is so much easier to click the thumbs-up icon than to actually type a comment! But seriously, this is great Derek!

    ReplyDelete