Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 2 Issue 12

Name: Jay Cutler QB
Number: 6
College: Vanderbilt University
Birthdate: 04/29/1983
Height/Weight: 6-3/233
Hobbies: My arch-nemesis
Team: Chicago

Throughout my life there have been a number of guys along the way that inevitably became my arch-nemesis. I know that there will be arguments and rumblings out there that you can only have one arch-nemesis and that’s it (mainly Star Wars and Comic book fans). However my dad never sat down and had the arch-nemesis talk with me so I had multiple arch-nemeses while growing up. For instance in my redshirt year of Kindergarten my address was my arch-nemesis then followed by my neighbor’s black Star Wars Big Wheel, the McDonald’s Big Mac Song records, and eventually these evolved into actual guys in the third grade or so (you know who you are). However each one of these arch-nemeses always seemed to fade into the background as the new one emerged. That is until I received my internship in Chicago.

Jay Cutler has reappeared in my life after the time we spent together in Denver and I’m not too pleased about it. Our first run-in was in the mountains and the battle was as rugged as the Rockies. It was summer of 2007 and I had been romantically involved with a girl that brought a little of home to Denver. She was a country girl that raced dirt bikes (btw they ride bikes not drive them, I always screwed that up). We were out basically owning the dance floor (best dancer in the club Murph) when Jay walks in and proceeds to post up at the bar and right then I knew it was on.

Jay attempted the guerrilla warfare tactic so common among inferior challengers. His first strategy was to pretend that he didn’t even know I existed (clever). Next he attempts to court one of my good friends right underneath my nose (the audacity). Then finally he tries to pick up the girl (tiny dancer now) I’m dating while I sit home and watch the Reds. This was in just one offseason that we both shared the same city before my episode shipped me home.

Well I really hadn’t thought about having any arch-nemesis since my diagnosis because I felt like BMD was now the only enemy in my life. But I think that’s a bad way to approach it, BMD is a part of me and the good and the bad of it are who I am. I can’t have an arch-nemesis of myself (I’d always win and that’s no fun) so it looks like Jay will just have to do. I’m moving to Chicago and the offseason is alive and humming in the NFL. I wonder what Jay has up his sleeves this time, because I heard he had a sister.

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment