Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 1 Issue 27

I, for some unknown reason, have always found comfort in the bathroom. While growing up if the occasion ever happened when I would come down with a sickness I could more than likely be found curled up in a ball or spooning the toilet (the linoleum was amazing, like as cool as the other side of the pillow times 10). This trend followed me up through adolescence into my current life and seems to be a fixture now. During my episode I spent an inordinate amount of time in my bathroom (where else could I move from dimension to dimension without having to hassle with travel agents, they’re so pushy). In any case Saturday night I ended up in a nice little bathroom on the second floor of a hotel in Hamilton while my friends celebrated and drank, I tingled and thought.

It seems that from time to time my mania will decide to remind me its part of me and come out to play for a little bit. I’ve recently been able to see the signs of it coming (usually my hands tingle, vision warps in a tunnel aspect, and whatever feelings I was having are replaced with a feeling of total awareness, yeah not weird at all) and I politely remove myself from the situation (a.k.a. rushing back to my apartment to chillax in the bathroom). Thus far these occurrences are completely random without any triggers and it has been explained to me that they are just part of BMD, so I’m alright with them however I have a feeling I freaked out some friends this past weekend (my blunder).

The weekend was destined to be one for the record books as a couple of Witt friends of mine were tying the knot, getting hitched, or getting married. This of course led to Tigers all over the land to make the trek back to The Nasty for the ceremony. I was held responsible for picking up one such individual (as I’ve mentioned before I’m a man of integrity and will not use their name as I do not have their permission to use their likeness) from the Dayton Airport. Knowing I had such a huge responsibility I thought I had to make their arrival a memorable one, I was like the lynchpin to having a good time (or something like that). There’s nothing more exciting than seeing people get off a plane and their family/friends/loved ones holding a sign welcoming them back, I knew what I must do.

I spent a solid afternoon (4.5-5 hours if you’re counting) making the most flamboyant welcome sign I could. The colors and content of the poster would cause a town hall meeting anywhere in Texas so I knew my sign was a success. I arrived a tad bit early for the flight and placed my sign and giant rainbow colored lollipop beside my chair and waited. Soon the airport began to fill with boyfriends holding flowers, parents holding tissues, and Wright Pat personnel carrying their spear headed flagpole with their colors (perfect). Jazz (I should note that since much of my mania is centered on music I decided to nickname the individual in this story a random genre of music) walks out from the arrival sign and I stand and yell and point to my sign as he is one of the first ones off. There were a few murmurs, some laughter, and some total disgust as well arising from the crowd but nonetheless hilarious I feel. You may be asking me, “Was it all worth it for this stunt, I mean the labor involved in making the sign, the cost of the sign, the time and effort spent on this, the reactions from the airport, the fool you made yourself out to be, was it worth it?” Well did the big man upstairs ask if it was worth it on the 7th day? Yeah me neither.

TBC (that stands for To Be Continued)…

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!




Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment