Friday, August 31, 2012

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol. 4 Issue 27


I know, I know you haven’t heard from me in a while but I swear I have a good reason for it. Well if  you asked my mom I’m not sure she’d be too thrilled with the reason but all of you but one aren’t my mom so I’ll go ahead and I’ll tell. Aside from feeling really good and not needing a platform to bitch on (yeah I’m talking to you stupid political memes filling my social media) I’ve been concentrating on my new book. One element of this book that Mom wasn’t too thrilled about was self-hypnosis.

Sure my story is going to be fictional (how’s this tag line: A psychotic adventure through a mysterious manic mind) but that doesn’t mean I want it to feel fake. That being the case I need to teach myself hypnosis, the only problem is all the literature I’ve found so far has read that people with mental health issues can’t be hypnotized; we’ll just see about all that now won’t we (I’ll be fine mother).

Speaking of my new book I spent the majority of the past few weeks trying to figure out how to give the reader the manic experience I’m shooting for. I really don’t blame anyone out there for this because if I were in their shoes and met a crazy person like me the first thing I’d want to know is what the episodes are like as well. Although it’s practically impossible for me to totally relate my psychosis to the average reader (mainly because I only remember a few hours of them) I’m trying to decipher ways of telling a story filled with mania to someone who’s never experienced it.

Sounds easy enough doesn’t it (then you go do it) but it’s turning out a little trickier than I first anticipated. I think I’m still in transition from the blog to the trilogy (that’s right I’m trying to ride that sales trend right now). See when I write this blog it’s coming directly from my life in some capacity and if two ideas or themes I want to write about don’t fit together then I can’t write about them. Now on the other hand I’m free to just make shit up; and it’s little bit different and a learning curve.

I’m trying to create the game within the game that I experience in my psychosis from page to page and book to book in the trilogy (did I mention it’s going to be the ever popular fan favorite trilogy yet?).  In order to do this though I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m to going to have to embrace the extremes that Stubby always warned me about in life. He preached a lot of different things growing up and some are useful today (like sit by the drink fountain at Hooters because all the waitresses have to stop there) and some not so useful (anything to do with farming when it came to me) but living in the grey and avoiding the extremes is one of the best.

However when my psychosis takes over that’s exactly opposite of where I live and in order to experience that extreme I’ll have to leave the grey area for insanity yet keep it comprehendible for the reader. Now calm down because I’m sure everyone is hyping the word insanity and being filled with stigma and stereotypes of people in mental institutions but that’s not what I’m talking about. It’s living within a world where the extremes are dynamic and insanity and sanity almost morph together in a believable fashion.

On an afterthought shame on you; I thought after three years of writing you’d be done of those stigmas and stereotypes. You’re really going to need to read my new book; don’t worry I’m working on it but it’s definitely why this post isn’t all that good.
                                                                                                                                                                                      
Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!


Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment