Friday, February 3, 2012

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 4 Issue 4

There are a couple people who I meet in this world that within a few sentences I already know I don’t like them. It’s petty and judgmental of me but I don’t really care. One of these people is usually someone that catches me off guard at a party or something. They’re the type that right away in the convo they start complaining about a health ailment they have or are having to go through (the audacity to bitch, so un-American you know) before any other kind of communication. I get the irony here because I dedicated an entire blog over bitching about my BMD, but I can’t do anything about that.

The “sick and suffering” people I’m talking about have options to alleviate the discomfort they are experiencing but refuse to use them. As they usually go on and on and on…and on about whatever their “life-altering” ailment may be I drift off in my mind thinking. . .

“I can’t believe this dick (and/or bitch) is sitting here complaining to me about this right now. All they have to do is get surgery (and/or any other medical procedure) and they’re no longer in all this “pain and suffering”. I mean are they not fixing this because they enjoy the attention or something, I really don’t get it. I’m going to change the subject and ask what them their favorite board game is before I get pissed.”

In case you were wondering my favorite board game is Parcheesi and if you don’t like that you can get out of my face Monopoly lover (they always seem to be the pushy type). And in case you weren’t wondering back to my point which is that having BMD and no viable option for any real cure or medicine to completely control it I don’t really want to hear about how bad you think you have it. I don’t know why (that’s a lie, I know why) but having to listening to someone complain about how bad their life is because of a treatable health problem they have is pretty damn annoying.

It’s very difficult for me to feel any kind of sympathy for the asshole who “tore something” in his knee playing a pickup game of basketball but won’t go to the doctor because he thinks he can walk it off. Only walking it off is grabbing me at the bar and talking my head off about how swollen it is and how much it hurts (just go get surgery you dick).

I’ll contemplate at times that if I ever had to the option to get surgery, take a pill, or whatever the treatment may be to cure my BMD would I do it? To be completely honest the answer for me isn’t as easy as I think I’d like it to be. I’d like to say without hesitation that I’d turn down the cure because of my pride of who I have become from the BMD. As well as that I’ve learned so much about not only myself but about the world that I wouldn’t want to take that away from myself.

But to be completely honest I’d probably come to the conclusion (after an intensive and long internal debate of course) that I wouldn’t take the cure. I’d keep my BMD and live with it but more than likely not because of the reasons I just listed. Nope, I’d keep it so the next time that person at the party starts complaining about their health I could say:

“Listen; I’ve got bipolar disorder with psychotic manic episodes so quit your bitching and tell me what your favorite board game is.”

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment