Friday, April 29, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 17

Leave it to the Brits to fuck up something easy like tea and jokes.

For instance did you know that there are two tea times and different size tables they drink from during these tea times, different types of food you eat during these tea times, different locations you actually drink the tea at during these tea time (oh why in the hell did they spell it t-e-a and not t-e-e anyways), and there are actually times that you’re restricted to drink tea (give me a break it’s effin’ tea). You know why I love tea, because it’s simple and does the trick. Ice cold, sugary, and refreshing; sure we’ll church it up with the sophistication of adding Lemonade and calling it a distinguished and respected golfer but that’s where the line is drawn (I mean it’s only effin’ tea).

Same thing for jokes with me, simple and easy is the way to go (just like my women; that’s a lie I wish it was like that). I was watching “Talking Funny” a couple nights back with Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Louis C.K. and Ricky Gervais on HBO. I stumbled upon it on accident but got really excited because I thought it was an interesting group of comedians and I was really interested in what they had to say ( I regret it now after listening to that effin’ Brit Ricky Gervais).

I must admit there were some interesting/hilarious conversations and one in particular revolved around the word nigg-What’s that conscious? I shouldn’t say that word? I mean I shouldn’t even if I have a picture like this:



Still no, well Ok; the N-word that was definitely entertaining but then Ricky started going off on this tangent about the authenticity of a laugh and the elements of different styles of comedy (told you only the Brits could fuck it up). It was really close to being painful for me to watch because that Red Coat was sucking all the fun out of being funny (I should note that Seinfeld and Rock were on my side; of course Louis C.K. was being a pompous ass). Other than his laugh nearly sending me back to University Hospital (Southside!) Gervais was bound and determined to make a joke out more than what it really is. Like he had to over-analyze everything in order to legitimize his jokes and the laughs he was getting (I know, what a dick).

I took a little offense to this because I use humor in the most simplistic and easy way (or at least attempt to) and have seen how well it works. I love how a simple joke can allow us to discuss sensitive subjects in an unintimidating manner. I love how easy laughs can break down preconceived notions or stereotypes about issues by allowing them to become real. I truly love how comedy at its best and simplest form can make people relate to one another even if the subject is something crazy like BMD (oh and don’t get me started on scones).

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment