Friday, May 11, 2012

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 4 Issue 16


I got called a douche over this past weekend by a girl; so I got that going for me, which is nice.

I really couldn’t take too much offense to the attacks on my doucheness (not sure that’s a word but I like it) because she was referring to me in my freshman year in high school when she last saw me. But I mean how doesn’t a bowl cut, chicken legs, and the style of a middle school soccer player not scream douche? But all that being said my high school bully also said that my family and me were really nice (in hindsight is that really a compliment because what high school guy wants to be viewed as the nice douchey kid?)

On the subject of being a nice guy though did I ever tell the story when I was arrested? Well short story long I spent a night in the Kenton County Jail in Kentucky where I got to cross off an item off my bucket list. I don’t why but I always did have a bucket list item of going to jail. I didn’t want to commit some serious crime where I could be locked up for sometime but I for some weird reason wanted to experience going to jail (you know something to brag to my future in-laws about).

In case you were wondering it was not good for me, in fact it was pretty bad. I mean I’m not one to bitch but I was the last one in the tank that night which meant I slept by the toilet (you’d think a bunch of drunks in jail wouldn’t piss every five minutes but they did). Somehow I was the only guilty person in jail as well, no one else in there deserved to be which I found rather odd. I won’t go into any more details of my jail experience but I will say I was arrested by a cop on a bicycle so it wasn’t a real good experience from the beginning.

When the jail contacted my mom with the good news of her oldest son’s jailing the woman did say I was a very polite and nice young man (future in-laws will appreciate that). She didn’t mention me being a douche because I’d outgrown that phase of mine sometime the year before. I guess I’m still going through an adjustment period with this BMD for me because I have no problem with being called a douche but if a nurse asks me about my mood swings it hits a nerve.

I had a doc’s appointment earlier this week and after I got to wait for 20 minutes after seeing the doc for the nurse to finish her lunch I got to wait another 30 minutes for her to track down my labs. I should take it easy on her for the whole labs thing because it wasn’t her fault they said they’d fax them over and reassured me twice only not to do it (standard operating procedure). I think I was just frustrated with the time it was taking to simply get my weight (does anyone wanna run through fire and other warrior shit with me to lose some lbs?), my vitals (are they called this because they’re important?), and my recent health history (this is where my patience wore out).

I was really trying to be nice to this nurse because she had a ton of religious scripture and and other items about her office so I knew her heart was in the right place but I think that’s about it.  She couldn’t find my labs for my blood work which meant I was going to have to get it done again and I suck with needles. Then she was asking me health question after health question that I had already answered with the doc. At this point I was ready to leave 20 minutes ago so when she asked if I had mood swings I replied with a smart ass remark (shocker I know):

“Well I am human aren’t I?”

I do hate that question but I definitely didn’t need to be an ass to the nurse. I have noticed that I become a little snippy and short with people at times. I’m not sure if it’s my BMD or the frustration of everything or the anxiety of wanting to get on with my life but I need to work on being nicer or I might turn back into a douche (that is if I'm not already there).

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!


Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment