Friday, November 11, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 44

It seems as of late I’ve been catching a lot of those little inspiration/life lesson quips across the World Wide Web. You know the ones I’m talking about, they say something along the lines of “Be nice to everyone because everyone is fighting some kind of battle” or “It takes one to know one”. The one that really hits home for me though is “When you assume you make an ass out of you and me.”

The reason that one hits home is that it reminds me of something pretty damn funny, and of course I’m talking about my sex life (I’m already laughing just thinking about it). So I’m nearing the end of my hoop earring phase in my life and due to my fifth year of eligibility at the bars (oh and Witt) I’m spending a lot of time “chasing tail” (I said that last night at my alcohol class and got a big response so I figured I’d drop in it here). One of these nights on the chase I was successful.

I of course am going to protect the identity of this young lady however I will say she was not a Tiger but rather a townie, hence the reason it wasn’t too hard to pick her up (oh Browntown ladies I kid I kid). After the bar we proceed to take a drive in the Jeep (it’s summer so the top is down, derr) but a little into our drive my passenger decides she’d rather see what’s going on behind us so naturally the best view is sitting on top of me facing the other direction (only makes sense right). So I’m trying to watch the road and shift gears (in more ways than one) and take mental notes for this awesome story.

Needless to say we decided to stop to chat and get to know each other better (no, that’s a lie) but was chased out of the cul-de-sac by somebody watching (or calling the cops, not sure as I was obviously distracted) so we needed an exhibitionist location to conclude what’s adding up to be my best performance of my young “chasing tail” experience. I decided it would be a good idea to finish up somewhere romantic and under the stars, like my parents yard (Mom, I’m sorry but now that I think about it I’m probably the reason the neighbors don’t really like us).

On our way back to drop her off and for me to not brag whatsoever to my friends about the awesomeness that just happened. I started getting a little cocky (shocker I know) and after the sexcapades (like that word don’t ya) I felt pretty damn good. Being in this state of overconfidence I asked, despite already assuming the answer was going to be great:

“So, how was it?”

She replies without a hint of hesitation:

“Eh, I give it about a 5.”

Hahahahaha I still laugh at that, talk about making an ass out of myself from making assumptions. The same principle can be applied to the troubles I’m having right now with this BMD. It had been about 9 months of feeling pretty positively optimistic. I think I got a little overconfident due to the success I was having with the lithium and the lack of the Big D in my life. I think I knew this winter was going to be tough due to it lining up in the two year pattern I’ve experienced with my mania, but once again I made an ass out of myself.

I honestly just assumed that I’d be able to get through this winter without much of a problem. I obviously wasn’t naive in thinking this was going to be breeze to get through but I definitely thought it’d be easier than the time I’ve been having. I’m not going to quit just because it’s more difficult than I originally thought or because I’m not quite as good at it as I thought. But I’m still learning how to deal with this all and it’s become quite evident I still have a lot to learn, apparently pretty similar to when I “chase tail”.

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!

Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment