Friday, November 4, 2011

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 3 Issue 43

Does it seem like this to anyone else but whenever I’m single I get no love from the ladies and it seems as soon as I start dating someone all of a sudden I’m hot shit (or at least I like to think so). But it does feel like as soon as I’m unavailable there’s this sudden interest in me from the opposite sex. I’ve always been somewhat baffled by this because I’m pretty sure I haven’t changed in the short time it took from being pathetic and single to suddenly the hottest commodity (I know that doesn’t make sense because a commodity is the same no matter what so there can’t be the “hottest” if everything’s the same but it’s just a damn figure of speech, get over it) on the market. Well this past week I think I figured it out:

Women see other women with a man and think that they are missing out on something and want that something that’s not theirs. While when a single guy comes around women automatically think there must be something wrong with him or some other woman would already have him.

I know, I just got all “What Women Want” on ya (I’ll admit it, Helen Hunt is pretty smokin’ in that movie) but I think I’m on to something here, and it makes me laugh. I think that’s the whole point for me right now, laughing. When I’m fighting the Big D it’s about the last thing on my mind and the last thing I do. It really sucks because I really love to laugh, and when I don’t I really don’t feel like me. What got me thinking about what women want was my attempts to break out of this funk.

I was thinking (ok that’s a lie, I was moping) earlier this week about my single status on my facebook page. I was getting a little desperate I’ll admit it; the thought of trying my luck online again may have crossed my mind. But then a commercial for eHarmony came on and reminded me of a couple things.

Number one is that this guy on the commercial was explaining in detail how he was looking for this connection. Going into an elaborate explanation about what he’s looking for and how he’s in search of his soul mate and finding something lasting and really digging into his inner girl. This didn’t make me feel good about my chances because I write about old man’s penises.

Secondly, well to be honest I haven’t gotten past the old man penis thing, but I’m working on it. I think the important thing for me right now is to stop pushing so hard. When I get into my depression all I can think about is getting out as soon as possible. I concentrate all my energy on breaking out of my funk and trying to be myself. I’m finding out though that when I don’t push as hard and just let it be I start finding laughter in my life again (which eventually pulls me out of the Big D).

I’ve started laughing and finding my life again this week and it’s more than likely attributed to my apparent complete lack of understanding in women. This lack of understanding makes me laugh and that’s something I haven’t been doing lately, I forgot how much fun it was not to hate the world (damn do I hate you depression). Luckily I was only fighting it for a few weeks which is a ton better than a few months (simple math folks). I’m not pushing as hard and I’m starting to see the comedy in my life again, I mean it’s everywhere and especially in my dating life (see my “What Women Want” reference above) but at least I can laugh about it (despite my epic loneliness, I kid I kid).

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!

Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment