Friday, September 20, 2013

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 5 Issue 5

It’s so good to see you! I know it’s been forever hasn’t it? What have I been up to you ask?

Well in the past six months or so I’ve lost a few lbs (the chunky look just doesn’t work for me), been on a few dates (just a few but dammit it’s a start) and wrote a novel titled Maniac Manifesto (it’s a self-realization story about a revealing journey into a psychotic mind). No big deals.

Don’t worry I have Facebook so I know what’s going in your life. Oh I almost forgot if you were at the Bengals game on Monday night and happen to catch the Jumbotron I was up there too. I backed it up on my unassuming and unaware stepsister (her fiancé was pretty cool with it) and then did the robot (best dancer in the club). I did all this while showing support to my favorite underdog; Andrew Hawkins (that means I was rockin’ his jersey through my public dance routines).

I usually go with a fairly popular Who Dey when selecting my jersey for the year (at least I don’t paint my face for games, I gave that shit up in high school man). Palmer, Johnson, Dillon, Houshmandzadeh (championship) but I’ve been feeling like an underdog this year.

Could it be that I still reside in a converted corn crib covered in asbestos, mold in the shower, termite damage, leaking house? More than likely.

Could it be that after a year of searching for a job and even Oakley’s outlet store says no thank you? Probably.

Could it be I played a summer soccer league and only got hurt playing a high schooler in pick-up basketball? No idea but that did suck.

Could it be in the past week I’ve lost my credit card (in my wallet) and my wallet (in the trash truck)? Not really but I still feel real dumb for those moves.

I mean the list could go on and on but we haven’t talked in six months and who wants to hear me bitching (although when I should call it venting because it sounds so much more pleasant). It’s also not like I’m unfamiliar with getting knocked down, just always looking for a reason to get back up. Last week my reason was brought to me in a sense.

Despite a bomb ass (if you don’t mind me saying so myself) book review from the Director of Communications at NAMI I still get no love working with them. This being the case I try to take it upon myself to get out there and educate (ok I just like being the center of attention from time to time) people through talking about my BMD. I had a chance to do this at a Witt freshmen class after the professor asked them to read some of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. 

Put me up in the middle of people with their attention and really no rules (I said the f word, don’t tell their parents) and I take full advantage. I really enjoy it because the students, usually a few minutes in, are comfortable enough to ask me just about anything, and it not only helps them but also me. At the end of the class I met with a student that shares my fate.

She was an underdog just like me and it rejuvenated me talking with her. My so called shitty (I guess underdog sounds better) life didn’t seem to matter anymore. I could relate to her in a way that’s kind of addicting, in a way that makes me want to do it more. 

So I’m back, feeling good and looking not nearly as chunky (maybe that had something to do with the dates) what more could I ask for?

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!


Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment