Friday, January 20, 2012

Life full of mania with a dash of humor and a slice of normality (those are the secret ingredients) Vol 4 Issue 2

In case some of you didn’t catch my Facebook post earlier this week I took a shot at Paula Deen (yes it was uncalled for, yes it was easy, and yes it was pretty damn funny). It seems because of Paula’s obsession of overindulgence in unhealthiness in her cooking finally caught up to her. She was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 even despite the fact she tried to exercise regularly (I can’t support that, she more than likely never even tried) she has an illness/disease now. Well I guess I should share my comment sooner rather than later so put down that stick of butter and get ready to laugh:

Sarcasm Lesson of the Day: I can’t believe Paula Deen has diabetes

Pretty funny right? Not as funny as the fact that Paula is now the spokesperson for a type 2 diabetes medicine company. So wait, wait, wait a minute. You’re telling me she had her own TV show and was paid to promote unhealthy eating (like a hamburger between two donuts) and then when she gets sick from it is now being paid to be a spokesperson for the drugs she’s now on to stay healthy. Damn, and I thought Charles Barkley had all the scams figured out.

I guess when I slow down and think about it I really shouldn’t be all that surprised. I mean I can think of a lot disease and illnesses that are a direct result of cause and effect. You know Paula ate enough fatty unhealthy foods that her body began shutting down because of it and now she’s taking medicine to help that, oh and making money off the whole damn thing too. I should probably take it easy on Paula Deen because she isn't the only one to use their health/weight to profit (see Dan Marino) but unlucky for her she is the most recent. Her disease reminds me of the chain smoker that gets lung cancer, the avid dipper that gets mouth and throat issues or the alcoholic that has liver damage; cause and effect.

Keeping cause and effect in mind and seeing how a lot of people like to look at BMD as a disease or illness, even though I don’t buy it, I’ll still humor them for this post. Now I can go ahead eliminate genetics to the cause of my crazy world because while at times my family has glimpse I don’t believe anyone is completely mad (yet). So if it’s not genetics and it’s not a virus (could you imagine if you got BMD for 3-7 days at a time from airborne viruses; things would get crazy-no really, it would be complete madness) then the only logical explanation would be cause and effect and me enjoying something in abundance that gave me this disease.

Let’s see before the diagnosis and the manic episode I was having a shit ton of fun in my life. I mean I didn’t have very many complaints with the whole social life at the time. I was living in amazing new cities, making a good living, had great friends and good times on the reg (sorry, couldn’t resist), and was even getting laid. Maybe I was having too much fun and that’s why I got the BMD as a disease. But that just doesn’t seem like it would be enough. I mean Paula had to dedicate herself to living a completely unhealthy lifestyle to get diabetes. What am I missing? What am I missing. . .

That’s it, some advice Stubby gave me when I was having some woman problems once:

“Yeah son, but the crazy ones are the fun ones.”

So there you go, when you add in my attraction to the “fun/crazy” ones I think that puts me over the top in terms of abundance of fun in my life that led to my “disease” of craziness (still wouldn’t take it back for anything though).

Since many of my manic experiences involve music I’ve decided to add random music videos to the blog for my enjoyment and your inconvenience. Enjoy!



Coming Correct,
d01roK

No comments:

Post a Comment